Hot on the heals of a spectacular Film In the Street, our next event is Warneford Meadow Apple Day, on Sunday 9th October, 12-4pm.
It’s a wonderful chance to enjoy the amazing meadow and apple orchard on our doorstep and team up with your neighbours to gather and press apples under the expert guidance of Rupert Griffin from Tiddly Pommes. Bring a container, and you can take away some of the free juice!
In addition there will be:
– tea and cake stall (all cake and biscuit donations much appreciated!)
– fruit-themed face painting and apple games
– apple pie/cake competition, with prizes (ideally produced using apples from the orchard)
Apple Day is being held in the orchard itself this year – follow signs from the Hilltop Road entrance to the meadow.
And don’t forget…
– Bring a container for juice
– Arrive early if possible, as we can’t start pressing until we have collected a lot of apples!
– bring your apple cake or pie to enter the competition, and any donations for the cake stall
– bring picnic chairs or blankets if you want something to sit on
– kites are great fun in the meadow if there’s some wind, so bring a kite if you have one!
Unless the weather is really bad, apple day will go ahead (a bit of rain never did anyone any harm!).
Any questions, please get in touch with Tamasin on 421815, or email email@example.com