Beyond Magdalen Bridge: The growth of East Oxford
This historical survey looks at the expansion of East Oxford during the past two centuries from a small hamlet by Magdalen Bridge before 1800 to the densely built up urban environment we know today. The book traces some of the people involved in that development and focuses on the few areas of green public open pace now remaining east of the Cherwell. It is profusely illustrated with contemporary maps, drawings and photographs.
All profits from the sale of this book are for the preservation and management
of Warneford Meadow
Published by East Oxford Archaeology & History Project, 2010
First published by the Oxford Meadow Press, 2010
34 Hill Top Road Oxford OX4 1PE
01865 248770, email@example.com
or www.friendsofwarnefordmeadow.org.uk 01865 426955
This project, funded by the University of Oxford and the Heritage Lottery Fund is now in it’s final and third year of activities.
See their website for more details, opportunities to get involved, and register your interest to receive project updates: http://www.archeox.net/